DATING!?

As a mom, you can never prepare yourself for the first "date" of your oldest son! Not that it was a "date" date, but Randy was invited to DelGrosso Park to spend the afternoon with ...Jessica... ohhh dear! They came to pick him up and boy was she dressed to the nine! I seriously doubt she wanted to get her hair wet at the water park! lol ~~not to mention the cologne Randy was sporting when he left here ~ so very cute. Wait, did I just say that? I am still not ready for the girlfriend thing with either of my boyz.
When daddy got home, he asked about Randy and did he get to the park ~ Jared was around the corner and he started his "punkin" laugh ~ "hehehe~ He's out with his girrrrl friend ~ oooo ~ kissy kissy~" We just rolled laughing! that was funny!
Now Randy was due back home around 7 ish so when he called to ask if he could stay longer (because they spent the whole afternoon at the water park, they wanted to catch some rides) I couldnt say no. He limited his extra time out to one hour saying he could be home at 8ish. Well bless his little heart ~ at 8:30 he tried to call the house but I was on the phone with a friend (no call waiting) and after a few mins I checked the voice mail and his little voice was there telling me he knew he was late, he was sorry and that he was ok. awwww!! He called again to let me know they were on their way home. When he got here, he just said he was sorry again for being late, but that was the only time his ride could be there to get him. I just gave him a big-ol-hug and said "it's ok, sweetie! thank you for calling and letting me know ~ thats all".

He is such a good kid and we are so very blessed to have him as our son ~ but I am still not ready for him to be .....dating......

2 comments:

The Rivers Family said...

Love that he has a baby brother to keep it real!

Photos by Design said...

Isnt that the truth! lol